Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. Unfortunately we don't really get fall weather down here in Houston, but whatever... there's still plenty of football! And footballin' it up is what we've been doing. The man I work for is so fabulous and loves me so much ; ) that he gave James and me tickets to a Texas A&M game. Gig 'Em Aggies! We're like huge A&M fans now. I mean, Roll Tide all the way, but I don't think there's any other sporting event like an Aggies game. They have all these crazy traditions and everyone is just so into the game. That whole east side of the stadium below is students-crazy! And they all stand the whole game because they're the "12th man" for the team. It was so much fun.
Then the next weekend we went to the BYU v. UT game in Austin. The Bama game wasn't over when we had to head to the stadium and we were sad to have to miss it, but when we got to the stadium they had it playing on all these screens! So we got to finish watching the tide roll over Penn State.
A UT game is nothing like an A&M game... I'm just sayin'.
Also in September we said good-bye to James' step-sister Vanessa. She headed to Stanford for her first year of college. I'm so jealous of her and my sister... I really miss being in school!
And this pic is for illustrating how precious my girls are. They don't have much to do with one another, so anytime they cuddle James and I get really excited. They love to lay in the sun and this is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. Also, I feel like dogs look like pigs when they lay on their sides and I love it.
For my birthday festivities this year we kept it pretty cas (you know, short for casual..?) Being the big 2-5 is not so fun to me, but eating at Pappadeaux certainly is!
That there is grilled mahi over cheese grits with andouille sausage. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
Also in the way of exciting news, we found a pizza place no more than 3 minutes from where we live and they have killer buffalo pizza. We have been oh so disappointed in pizza since living in Buffalo, NY, because the best pizza we've ever had lives in Buffalo, NY. But apparently it's cousin lives here in Texas and I am so very excited to partake of said pizza in about 45 minutes while watching Alabama beat Ole Miss, because who can't beat Ole Miss this year, right?
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment