James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Thursday, August 19, 2010

August Fun

August has been pretty eventful for us so far. James and I have gone on some fun dates and we've had lots of fun family activities too.

*We went to a really good Cajun restaurant where I got an amazing roast beef Po Boy just like in New Orleans. We also got Coldstone that night and went to see Inception-such a good movie!
*We spent a day in Galveston. First we went to this seafood restaurant that is dog friendly-so much fun! Apparently it's where all the locals go... it was really good. The girls loved it. They got several compliments on how well behaved and pretty they were :)
Unlike her sister, Lily did NOT like the water. Everytime water would wash up she would run away. I carried her into the water at one point and put her down close to it and she started paddling before she even hit the water! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen! In remembrance of Utah James made an arch in the sand. It made me miss Utah more than I already do :( We found a jelly fish in the water, so we took it out and buried it. We try to be good citizens. The girls were so exhausted on the way home. They never sleep beside each other so I thought it was cute that Lily passed out next to Giselle. *This last Friday Eric and Houston flew down to surprise Grandpa Mark for his birthday, so Sally and Tag came to stay the weekend at our house so they could see them. We picked them up from the airport and then went to Pancho's, a Mexican buffet that does not serve high quality food and is in a bad area, but it's a Simmons favorite, and it's a buffet, so of course I loved it! *On Saturday Deborah's father, Ping, took us all to eat Dim Sum for lunch. I cannot even tell you how much I love love love Dim Sum. It is the best Asian food ever! And I love that when we go there we're like the only table of white people. Ha! After we ate everyone looked at the fish outside. James decided to take the rest of Saturday off (so exciting!) so after lunch we all went to Brodie and Jennika's pool and went swimming. *On Sunday we went to Mark's birthday dinner at Pappas Grill. We didn't get any pictures with everyone else... oh well. The dinner was a little crazy with all the little boys there, but the food was FANTASTIC. It may be a new favorite for me. I had lobster bisque, grilled salmon, and a piece of Hershey chocolate cake. I thought I was going to die after, but it was so worth it. *On Monday I had a little run-in with a lady at Wal-Mart, and I mean literally- I ran into a lady with the truck in the parking lot! It was horrible! It was drizzling rain and I had been waiting for a spot for forever. Finally the guy backed out, and as I was pulling in, all of a sudden this woman was clutching to the front left of the truck! She had walked right in front of the truck in my blind spot to my left and I just drove right into her. She was really mad but I apologized all I could. Terrible.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Fun update! You look so skinny! I am jealous of your dim sum! :) Rob would love the arch you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz I love you! Ya'll will HAVE to come visit and go to dim sum with us... it is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you're already getting used to Houston, all we do is eat around here!! I almost laughed out loud when I read you guys went to Panchos! Reminded me or the harris fam and their love for Cici's pizza! It's nasty but you gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magan- I found your blog! I am so excited! i didn't know you guys were in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cristina- I'm not offended that you think Cici's is nasty, we're all wrong sometimes :)!

    ReplyDelete