James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Friday, April 1, 2011

Mrs. Kennedy

Last week I read a biography on Jackie Kennedy (she wasn't Onassis yet). Needless to say I've always worshipped her in the fashion sense: pearls, big hair, big sunglasses, Chanel. I mean, this is me guys as the First Lady :) But her life was A MESS.

I knew Jack was a cheater, but this man was a CHEATER, like slip off with a couple different women during a White House dinner party cheater. And also, did you know that both of them were pretty much on speed the first two years of his presidency? I'm telling you, a mess.

It was my first biography (I've always been intimidated by non-fiction and Jane Austen), and I loved it! I'm currently on the waiting list for one of Coco Chanel :) I feel like biographies make you so much smarter. I mean, the next time I'm eaves-dropping on a conversation about the Kennedys I can chime in, totally educated!

Anyways, I suggest biographies for all. Especially on fashionable and intelligent women.

Note to my mother: Can you make me a dress like Jackie's above, please? Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I too read her biography and was AMAZED at how messed up their lives were. Very fascinating what goes on behind the scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! You have given me new reading inspiration. Thanks!! :) Miss you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete