Then, at the end of April, right out of NO WHERE, James gets this job interview at a bank. Then, less than two weeks after the interview, he starts this new job. And get this, BANKERS' HOURS PEOPLE!!!!! The hallelujah chorus is still going. I mean we literally went from one extreme to the other. He was home before 5:00 this Friday. Is that not crazy?!?! I mean, what do you do with a husband who is home? I'm afraid I've forgotten entitrely. Yesterday we got to spend hours apartment hunting, which would not be fabulous except for the fact that I haven't gotten to spend hours on a Saturday doing anything with James in over a year, so it was fabulous! (We are moving so he doesn't have an hour commute everyday)
In the midst of all the above happenings, some other fun stuff went down over the past months:
*My cousin Kim who also lives in the Houston area had her first baby in early April so I went to the hospital to visit.
Here's my Aunt Judy and Uncle Henry with little Evangeline.
*My niece Brynn had her baby blessing the same weekend.
*The next weekend was Easter, which Jessica and the fam came to visit for. Tell me you do not want to eat this baby, she is so delicious!
For the Easter feast I made a Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake . I got the recipe from my friend Kayley, she made it for James and me the week before when she and her husband had us over and it is to die for.
*Mother's Day weekend was James' first weekend at his new job so were able to go to Austin! All the girls went to James' cousin Katrina's baby shower Saturday morning, which was so fun. The hostess was the sweetest girl and she did such a good job.
Saturday afternoon Sally helped Jennika do to little canning to get her food storage going. I really want to start my food storage but I'm just not there yet... Maybe once I have a house?
So we're still alive over here at the Simmons house. I'll be back to the regular blogging once we get moved and settled and everything slows down.
Also, my biography kick has continued. I read the Chanel bio and wore black and white and pearls for like a week straight :) I'm finishing one on Princess Diana right now, which, let me just say, I used to blame the Queen for everything, but I don't think Diana was ever "all there." I also finished Catching Fire and just got Mockingjay. And I'm currently reading Water for Elephants (which is pretty raunchy so I won't suggest). Oh, I'm also reading Taking Charge of Your Fertitlity, so there's that. ;)

so excited for you!! it's so much nicer to have your husband around! where are you moving to??
ReplyDelete