James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Congrats Grad!

Back at the end of May I went up to Iowa for Lauren's HS graduation. SO crazy that she's, like, a little adult now!  
Her graduation was on a Sunday-odd I thought-so it seemed only fitting that I throw her a Sunday Graduation brunch before the ceremony. We had fruit, danishes, Chile Cheese Puff Casserole, muffins, cinnamon rolls, and "mimosas" (made with alcohol free champagne! they were fab, and I was so excited to find alcohol free champagne because I've had it in my head for years that when I finally have a baby shower I would like a brunch with mimosas and bellinis!)
Here's Laurel with her best friend Jessica. 
The day after her graduation Lauren, my mom, and her friend Jazmin took a bus out to California to see her boyfriend, Jake, graduate from the Marines. I tried my very best to talk them out of it-the people who ride the Greyhound are shaaaaaady looking. But they lived and had a really good time. Jake surprised Lauren when she got there with the news that he had been attending the LDS church on base and had been baptized after 4 of the ten weeks he had been there! So exciting!
The graduation gift I pitched in on... a real pearl bracelet. Jealous! :) 
I love you Laurel and I am so proud of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment