James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Monday, September 20, 2010

Happenings

We haven't been up to much since I've started working. We've finally fallen into a half-normal routine, which I'm loving. Though we've had a little something extra thrown into the mix this last week: In addition to our being on the Ward Activities Committee, we've also been called as nursery workers! This Sunday was our first experience with the nursery, and I think it went really well. Obviously for James there is no better calling-two hours of toys and snacks, what more could he ask for? :) I was a little worried at first, other people's children are not always my favorite thing, and I was scared that two hours would be such a long time. But the time went by really fast and the children are really well behaved, so I think it will be fun! After church we went down to Brodie and Jennika's to eat dinner and watch the Texans game. We also played a little Tetris on the Wii of course. Shortly after this picture of the guys was taken, Brayden got up on the coffee table and said in the sweetest and most gentle voice, "She's beautiful! Uncle James, look she's so beautiful!" And he was pointing at me! It was the cutest thing and best delivered compliment I've ever heard! So this is a pic of me and Brayden after I got done hugging and kissing him. Also, today I got my diploma in the mail! Seeing it did make it seem more real that I'm a college graduate, but I still don't really believe it. I've been telling James that I want to take an accounting class or two in the Spring. I just can't give up school! And finally, I think we've found our Mexican place! Tonight we went to Julio's up in Tomball and it was SO SO good. It's out in the middle of nowhere-love-has a really nice atmosphere (you can eat outside and listen to the Texas country music)-love-and the salsa, chips, shrimp quesadillas, beef fajita nachos, and cheese enchiladas were fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. Yay- you graduated! Have fun in nursery. I think being with kids makes the time go faster.

    ReplyDelete