I apologize. I haven't been the good blogger that I should. I don't like posting only once a week, but we're pretty boring except for once a week (when James has a little time off), so what am I to do? Last weekend was The Brent Event. Jessica and her family came down Friday night and stayed with us so they could be there Saturday. Here are the children eating some grapes on the kitchen floor because that is the only child friendly place to eat in my house :/

James had to work Saturday, which he was so sad about, but here is everyone walking in the 1 mile family walk. I wanted to run the 5k, but all my friends are pregnant, so I had no one to run with. Good excuse huh? :)

Here is how Lily traveled the mile. So spoiled!

Brent and Kelly thanking everyone for being there. They are such an inspiration to me.

Lily did really well with all of the people and noise. But it really wore her out and she was so scared that she had to be held the whole time.

Later that night I met James at his office to watch the UFC fight. They always have little parties for them. I was sad Lesnar lost... the "brown pride" guy was annoying.

Monday night we went to dinner with Forrest and Sarah and a couple that they're good friends with. We had fun and it was good to see them. You would think you would see people more often once you go from 1500 miles away to 30 miles... but no, we've only seen this Harris family 3 times in the 4 months we've been here! Sad.

In other news, I finished
Wuthering Heights and
Animal Farm. I did enjoy
Wuthering Heights a lot more than I thought I would. But old school English love stories are a little crazy for me. This one in particular reminded me a lot of Edgar Allan Poe... very dark. Entertaining nonetheless. And
Animal Farm is a classic that illustrates all the problems with Stalin and the Soviet Union and that whole mess. Today I got two new books:
Vanity Fair and
The Picture of Dorian Gray. I'm just shocked at the number of books I haven't read that I apparently MUST before I die. Well at least two down... 98-ish to go! I've also moved up to #25 on the waiting list for
The Hunger Games- that's 54 spots in 3 weeks! Ha! So I'm excited to have it soon.
Also, I want to start documenting my favorite things at particular points in time. For example, right now my favorite things are:
- "French Cafe" radio on Pandora (Obsessed!)
- These flats! Got them earlier this week and love them! The cashier at Old Navy even gave me $5 off just because I asked... thanks girl!

- Putting "Benefiber" into foods to lower the WW Points value :)
Just a few things I love right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment