James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Saturday, October 9, 2010

New Library Card

This morning I got a library card... finally! I had meant to get one back in the summer, but I ended up reading some books we already had so I just never got around to it. The nearest public library to our house is at a community college, and its huge! I'm so excited! I checked out Wuthering Heights and Animal Farm, both of which are on the list of "100 books to read before you die." I cannot even say how much I love reading and how much I enjoy being in a library. I almost got a little emotional looking at all of the books! It's just fascinating how much you can learn from reading. I'm so grateful to my mother for encouraging (and often forcing) me to read when I was younger as it has become one of my absolute favorite things to do. Hopefully one of my next books will be The Hunger Games, since everyone has raved so much about it. I'm 76 on a waiting list at the library, so hopefully everyone reads it quick! And I'm ALWAYS looking for book suggestions, so please share!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with Wuthering Heights!! I've attempted to read it maybe 3 times? I just can't get through it! But if you give it a good review maybe I'll try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Help! I really liked that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wuthering Heights is a boo in my opinion. This opinion was formed senior year of high school. good luck.

    ReplyDelete