James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

It was nice having Halloween on a Sunday this year so James and I could spend it together... but since it was Sunday there wasn't much for us to do. We decided to celebrate after church with food and a movie-our favorites! I had seen Rachel Ray make these Sloppy Buffalo Joes a few weeks ago and have been wanting to make them ever since, so today we gave it a try. They were SO good, so easy and I recommend to all. The recipe is HERE. We also wanted to watch a festive movie, but since I'm absolutely terrified of anything scary, we chose an old children's classic. Originally we wanted to watch Pete's Dragon. However, since Redbox and Netflix have put every movie rental store out of business there was nowhere to rent it, and I was not about to pay $13.50 for a movie to watch on Halloween. So I bought The NeverEnding Story, our second choice. I think it was a pretty good pick for Halloween... it's pretty crazy. Then we made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies, ate way too many, and watched The Office from this last week. I'm loving The Office this season, by the way. It's a lot funnier than it has been the last two seasons in my opinion. Anyways, now I need to give Lily a bath and do a little reading. Happy Halloween!

2 comments: