2 days ago
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
James' Work Retreat
For Christmas the owners of the company James works for took the directors and their wives on a retreat to Lake Conroe. We stayed at this pretty nice resort (more than I would expect from Lake Conroe?). We were on the 19th floor and here is our little suite. 
We were greeted with a cheese and fruit plate and a bottle of wine, which we gave to James' dad. I scarfed that down before heading off to my 3:00 massage and 4:00 pedicure while James had a meeting. The spa was fab and much needed.
After my pampering I went back to the room to get dressed and James headed down to cocktail hour at one of the bars (cocktail hour... fancy huh?). I met him there and found my new favorite "drink": Rum Punch without the rum. The punch is pineapple juice, orange juice, and grenadine. So good! After cocktail hour we were driven over to this French restaurant. It was a first for pretty much everyone at the table. And I think we all pretty much agreed that French food is amazing, but you need about 3x the amount of food. We were all still a little hungry when we left... fat Americans. Had to get a pic in front of this huge wine thingy. This doesn't even show how big it was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment