Violet is James' step-mom's mother... so his step-grandmother. For her 80th birthday Mark and Deborah went all out. They didn't tell anyone what they were planning until the day of-they only told everyone that we would really want to go and we could dress up as fancy as we wanted. Obviously I was totally down :) AND I guessed exactly what we were going to be doing. They flew Violet's other two daughters and their husbands down on Friday, and Saturday night we al got dressed up, met at Mark and Deborah's house, had a champagne toast (James and I toasted Red Bull ;) ), and then all 17 of us waited for the arrival of...

a party bus that Mark had specifically said he didn't want! Ha! I guess the limo we were supposed to have was having issuses? So for a moment we hopped on the party bus to check it out. Then the limo showed up.

It was as crazy as a limo ride can be with a bunch of grown-ups... nothing like prom night! Ha! I did pop my head out the window and get a few people to wave at me!

The limo took us to Brenner's on the Bayou where a private room was set up with a special menu. I don't know if its legible, but I had a crab cake, tomato basil soup, striped bass with crab meat, and chocolate cake. It was FaBuLoUs!

And let me just say NOT CHEAP. Apparently, for a private party the minimum is $2,500, which you would think would be easy to hit with a 17 person party-11 of which are drinking right? Nope. Our bill was $1,900, so at the end Mark was telling everyone to order anything they wanted since we had to pay the $600 extra anyways. So one guy ordered a $250 shot of scotch... isn't that insane? For a drink!

I do enjoy fine dining!
No comments:
Post a Comment