James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break!

My parents and sister came last week for Spring Break and we just had the best time! I'm so sad they're gone... hopefully they'll live a lot closer soon ;) We did all kinds of things while they were here. Mostly we were in the car since this city is so dang big! Here are several of the things we did:
*We ate at Rudy's! Sally and Tag have raved since we moved here and I've come to distrust any Texan's opinion of BBQ (they don't do pulled pork-lame!), but Rudy's had pulled pork and it was fab and I'm in love!
 *We spent an evening at the Galleria and James met us at the Cheescake Factory. Chanel was closed and they were out of my pineapple upside down cake cheesecake, but it was still fun :)
 *We spent a day in Austin, where we had lunch at Chuy's with Jessica & Ross and the children and Sally & Tag. Then we visited Mt. Bonnell, dropped by Jessica's house, took my fam to their first HEB, and went to the corporate Whole Foods Market in downtown Austin where I have never seen so many hippies in my life - I mean, it was like a different country you guys.
 Precious Savannah in the dress I had my mom make for her. It's monagrammed if you can't tell. She. Is. Adorable.
 *We went to the Houston Rodeo where Lauren and James apparently needed a rest.
 I tried Fried Oreos, and seriously, they are the stuff dreams are made of. No joke.
 OMG-This is Swifty! He's a swimming pig and the cutest thing you've ever seen. I need a Swifty swimming pig, like immediately.
 Upon entering the rodeo, some guy gave my dad $20 worth of tickets he hadn't used, which the menfolk decided to use to win a jersey. They didn't succeed.
 That night we saw the Zac Brown Band, which may have been the best concert I've been to, EVER. His fiddle player is crazy talented and their songs live were amazing-just like the recorded versions- and I want to be best friends with Zac Brown because he just seems like a chill kinda guy, you know?
 *We spent a day in Galveston at the beach and ate some seafood at Shrimp N Stuff. Lily went with us and was so well behaved, I was impressed.
 *On their last day we did a little shopping, then Brodie and Jennika had us down for some mock Cafe Rio, which was pretty dang close to the real thing.
 They put my parents to work doing domestic things while we were there...
JK Jennika! Actually, we just needed to use Jennika's sewing machine to make a burlap belt that I was inspired to create. Don't judge-it turned out cute and I love it. And my dad helped clean the kitchen while we sewed.

I really cannot wait to have my parents close by, it makes me so happy to think about I can't even imagine how fab it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment