James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter! We had such a wonderful day today. We were all woken up by Houston by about 7:30 this morning--he was so excited to find all of his presents hidden by the Easter Bunny. (I guess these boys always had their Easter treats hidden and had to find them in the morning, but when I was growing up we had large baskets with everything displayed neatly in the living room).
Houston got all kinds of gifts and was equally excited to find each one!
So after he found all of his gifts I displayed them on the coffee table and made him pose for a picture-- it's just been ingrained in me to do it this way, and the boys were very nice to cooperate with me :) .
In the midst of all the Easter morning excitement, I thought "It sure looks bright outside, I should open the blinds"-- horrible idea! I was greeted with this scene! What kind of Easter IS THIS?! So good thing we didn't have church today because I would not be bustin' out my cute springy Easter dress in this. Luckily it melted by the afternoon.
Later in the morning we got to see/talk to some family on Skype. We saw Sally and Tag (James's mom and step-dad), Jessica, Ross, Brooklyn, and Pierce (James's sister and family), and while I was cooking lunch the boys talked to their Dad and step-mom (Mark and Debra). Everyone was so excited to see Houston, and he's so cute when he sees everyone on the laptop--he gets very excited and talkative.
For lunch we had Baked Lemon Chicken, Green Bean Casserole, and Shells n' Cheese. It was pretty good, I have to say. Before we ate I read the story of the resurrection out of the book of John, and I was very impressed with how much Houston knew and how well he listened. Before I started reading I asked him why we celebrated Easter and expected that he would talk about the Easter bunny (we had had a long conversation the night before about the Easter Bunny while the boys were at the Priesthood session of Conference). I was so shocked when he said "He was there, and then he wasn't." The child is so smart! So on that note I read the verses and he listened intently the whole time, even being patient when I got emotional. After I was done reading he said, "Thank you Aunt Magan for reading that story to me." I just love him!
I also love this man, my Savior, Jesus Christ, so much. I am so happy that today I was able to reflect on the Atonement and His sacrifice for me, a sinner, who yet He still loves. I know that Christ was risen and lives today, and loves all of us. And that if we follow his commandments-- what a Conference speaker referred to yesterday as "a protection against self-inflicted pain"-- and repent when we fail to do so, His loving sacrifice will not have been in vain and we can return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father. Isn't that so comforting to know? I am forever grateful for this man, my Redeemer, and all that he has done for me; for loving me, being an example to me, sacrificing Himself for me, and being a person who will NEVER disappoint or forsake me. I am so thankful to have had today to remind me of these things.
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog Magan! I found it while I was reading Kylie's and I just read the whole thing! :) Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cristina! Love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your heart-felt testimony. I about got choked up. <3

    ReplyDelete