James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Monday, April 5, 2010

A little more Easter

Today when I got home from school I had this waiting for me!A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about an Easter dress and thought I'd call and ask my mom if she wouldn't mind making it for me. Just as a side note, my momma always made our Easter dresses every year. They were always heirloom and beautiful, but I certainly didn't appreciate it then. If you had told me twelve years ago that I would be thrilled to have my mom make my Easter dress I would have rolled my eyes and never believed you. She's so talented and I'm thankful to be able to use her skills :) Anyways, it turned out just how we originally pictured in our minds! She's also making my graduation dress, so I'll post that when I get it. Here's just some more of her work (sorry the picture wouldn't cooperate). I had her make this set for a baby gift for Hattie. I really can't wait 'til she can make things like this for MY babies! :)My mom also sent these homemade petit fours with my dress. When I was growing up she would always get them for Easter from this bakery in Tuscaloosa. But then the bakery burned down and we haven't had any as good since. A couple of weeks ago, though, she had a tea party and made some herself. They're actually really good. Maybe I'll have a tea party and make them, too!

4 comments:

  1. I love how your Mom made your Easter dress! It is so pretty and that color is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is adorable! I totally want one! Aren't moms the best? Especially when you're old enough to appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mom.... I want to be just like her. She is beautiful and so talented... you are just like your mom!

    ReplyDelete