James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lily LaCoco!

Yesterday we welcomed a new member into our little family, a 4 1/2 year old chihuahua who we named Lily LaCoco! Since our little Peyton died I have been wanting another small dog, so anytime we have the chance to look we try. Well, yesterday after leaving Costco I asked James if we could run by PetSmart to see if they were having dog adoptions (that's where we got Giselle 3 1/2 years ago). As luck would have it they WERE having adoptions! I've never really wanted a chihuahua, but after reading about Lily James and I thought we should at least hold her and walk her around the store. After TWO HOURS of holding her and walking her around (and going back and forth over whether or not it was the right time to adopt another dog), we finally had Eric bring Giselle up to PetSmart and decided that their relationship would be the deciding factor. Obviously they got along just fine, and now we have two little girls! Lily is so sweet- she just wants to be held and follow you around. She grew up in a house with 12 kids, so she's fabulous with them. And she barely even barks. Love her! After getting home and settled Sean, Alexa, and Hattie came over for dinner. We hadn't seen them in almost 2 months! It's ridiculous how crazy everyone's lives get so that you don't even see friends that live a few miles away! They were so nice to bring this little Creamsicle cake for dessert! It seriously tasted just like an orange Creamsicle. Loved my dress so much I just had to take a pic before church :) After we had lunch and Lily and I napped (she loves to sleep next to you under the blanket- SO cute!), we took the girls to a park to play and enjoy the warm weather. Lily does so well on a leash, Giselle needs to learn a thing or two from her. I love my little family. Ha-look how Giselle is laying under the bench trying to be in the shade-so prissy! We're so happy to have little Lily and I'm sure she will be center of many posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment