James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Working Girl

After searching for two months, I finally started working today! This new job is such an answer to prayers, it's exactly what I wanted. Before we even moved here I would tell James that I just really hoped there would be a member in our new ward who needed someone to work in their office. Then last week my name was passed on to a member who was in need of an office worker, I interviewed yesterday morning, and started this morning! I was passed up for a job I interviewed for at a country club last month because I was "over qualified", and ever since then I have been really sad because I thought it would have been so great, but this is SO MUCH BETTER. Heavenly Father certainly knows what's best for me way more than I do and I'm so grateful for that.
To celebrate, James and I went to Olive Garden last night. My parents had sent us a gift card for our anniversary, so thanks Mom and Dad - it was delicious! I had a lovely summer laying by the pool almost every day and catching up on my television, but I'm so excited to be busy again and have something to take my mind off of missing Utah. AND to have extra money for clothes and house things :)

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! Job hunting can be so exhausting- it's the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Magan! I am so glad things worked out for the best! The "over qualified" business can be so annoying...I am so glad you found a job that better deserved your amazing talents! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you lady! This is such a big deal! I am WAY proud of you and I know that you will be the best office worker ever :)

    ReplyDelete