James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dinner Tonight

I've been doing Weight Watchers for a year-and-a-half, and two of my favorite places to get Weight Watchers recipes are here and here. Each Monday I try to plan a dinner menu for the week, and this week I came across a recipe for Gumbo Vegetable Soup that I am making tonight. It is SO easy, really good, and only 8.5 points for the whole pot! It's just:

1 bag gumbo vegetables (I used one bag of frozen okra and one bag of seaoning veggies-onion, celery, bell peppers)

1 bag Morningstar Crumbles (this is meatless meat, you could use ground beef but it would affect the points value)

1 can carrots

1 can potatoes

1 large can tomatoes

1 can tomato sauce

And then whatever seasonings. I used garlic, garlic salt, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Just throw it all in a pot and cook until tender. So easy! And perfect for a night like tonight when I have to go back to school at six for a midterm review!

1 comment:

  1. That looks good! I've never had gumbo and didn't even know what it was, but I would eat that! I have got to get some new recipes cuz I always end up making the same ones over and over, I'll have to look at those websites you use.

    ReplyDelete