James, Magan, Giselle, and Lily

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Since Valentine's Day is on Sunday this year, we celebrated yesterday. I actually thought we were going to do it today, but yesterday when James came home from work I walked into the living room to find this! And what made it even better was that each balloon was filled with a little prize inside!



So I went ahead and gave James his little gifts. I made pink-sprinkled Oreo balls (our new favorite treat) to give him, some "manly" shampoo/conditioner, and a card.


After getting our gifts we went to the mall and then to Olive Garden. I had wanted to get home in time to watch the Opening Ceremonies for the Oplympics, but we had to run by Wal-Mart so we didn't make it.
This afternoon we were going to go see "Valentine's Day", but since it got such horrible reviews we decided to not to. Instead we went to lunch with a bunch of friends.
Us; Sean, Alexa, and Hattie; Shane, Shara, Kaylee, and Kennady; Ben, Vanessa, and Chloe; Ryan and Halie; and Eric.

Kennady


Kaylee and me

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is adorable, love all the pictures and updates! so, what are these oreo balls??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! Oreo balls are amazing! All you do it take a package of oreos and crush them up in a food processor or blender til they are a dark powder. Then mix in (with a mixer) a package of softened cream cheese til its all mixed and shiny. Then let it chill in the fridge for a couple of hours. After its chilled roll it into little balls (I use a teaspoon to measure). Then chill the balls in the fridge til they're firm. Finally, just dip them in almond bark, top with sprinkles, and let harden on wax paper. It might seem involved but they really are easy!

    ReplyDelete